The RAILWAY relies on volunteers to help run this World famous tourist attraction.
Voluntary roles include staffing 'Gladys' the Bar Car, Gardening, Fire-Lighting and a host of other roles across all departments.
For more information about Volunteering please see our Voluteering page.
Paid vacancies for full time and part time roles will be posted here for all departments including Catering, Retail, Operations, Signal and Telecoms, Permanent Way and more.
Reports to: Assistant Catering Manager / Retail Operations Manager
Location: Hythe, New Romney and Dungeness
Hours of duty: Variable between 08.00 and 17.00 (occasional evening shifts to support events and special functions
Salary: Depending on experience
As Catering Supervisor you will play a key role in managing the day to day operation of our catering outlets. You will be expected to deliver a high quality experience to our passengers, guests and motivate our staff to ensure excellent customer service. Supervisors will be responsible for maintaining quality and increasing profitability. Exceptional supervisor skills and a strong understanding of customer service are a must.
Main duties of the role include:
• Ensure customer satisfaction through promoting excellent customer service
• Provide staff with support and training
• Ensure that high standards are maintained in cleanliness, hygiene, and presentation
• Manage and maintain all the equipment
• Managing the cashing up, End of Day procedures and change ordering
• Working alongside the Catering Management team with stock management, stock rotation and waste control
• Dealing with customer complaints and comments in such a way as to enhance customer loyalty, resolving as many as possible;
• Supervising station staff, co-ordinating tasks and ensuring that these tasks are carried out as required – providing constructive feedback to staff;
• Responding and resolving incidents and requests according to company policies, processes and procedures;
• Minimising queuing by managing staff and operating tills with speed and accuracy;
• Planning and implementing agreed promotional activities;
• Cooking and hot drinks preparation; including adhering to the catering checklists (where appropriate) and helping to clear restaurant/café/coffee shop tables
• Ordering stock on a regular basis to ensure that chillers are well presented and displaying the latest available stock;
• Ordering appropriate amounts of ice-creams, drinks, snacks and tea/coffee supplies depending on the requirements;
• Adhering to all company Policies and Procedures;
Previous experience of working in a kitchen is an advantage. You will have the ability to prioritise, make appropriate decisions under pressure and be able to juggle various tasks at once to ensure everything runs smoothly. You will have good problem solving abilities with a proven track record of maintaining exceptional standards of service and presentation. Strong team leadership skills, excellent communication skills and an understanding that the needs of the customer come first at all times are essential for this role.
Variable between 08.00 and 17.00 (occasional evening shifts to support events and special functions
For all job vacancies please send both a Covering letter and a CV.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
If you are interested in joining us or have any queries, please complete the enquiry form below or download an application form.