The RAILWAY relies on volunteers to help run this World famous tourist attraction.
Voluntary roles include staffing 'Gladys' the Bar Car, Gardening, Fire-Lighting and a host of other roles across all departments.
For more information about Volunteering please see our Voluteering page.
Paid vacancies for full time and part time roles will be posted here for all departments including Catering, Retail, Operations, Signal and Telecoms, Permanent Way and more.
Reports to: Assistant Catering Manager
Locations: Hythe Coffee Shop, New Romney – Heywood Buffet and at the Dungeness End of the Line Restaurant
Hours of duty: Variable between 08.00 and 17.00 (occasional evening shifts to support events and special functions
Salary: Depending on experience
Contract hrs/ period: Minimum of 16hrs per week. Immediate start to the 30 September 2022 with the possibility of extension We are looking for experienced Cooks to join our existing teams at Hythe, New Romney and Dungeness. Our catering outlets are open 7 days a week when trains are in service providing breakfast and lunch meals throughout the day at Dungeness, an extensive range of takeaway items at New Romney and a wide range of cakes and pastries at Hythe.
Supervised training will be provided on the job, including instruction on how to prepare meals, cook to order and handle equipment to our excellent standards of presentation and hygiene/food safety guidelines.
Main duties of the role include:
• Participate in the day to day running of the catering outlet
• To work as part of a team with other members of Railway staff, assisting the public wherever possible
• Cooking and food preparation under the direction of the Supervisor to the menu on offer including specials when available • Sanitise food preparation and serving areas throughout each shift
• Maintain stock levels and order food and general supplies under the direction of the Supervisor
• End of day cashing up and general cash handling processes
• Ensure all sweets and drink displays are fully stocked and rotated
Skills required include:
• Previous experience of working in a fast-paced kitchen environment
• A passion for creating and presenting great fresh food
• Knowledge of food, food hygiene (including hazard analysis and critical control points) and food preparation
• Knowledge and general understanding of Fire Safety and First Aid
• A team player who places value on supporting and assisting colleagues
• Ability to work efficiently and keep calm under pressure
• Stamina and enthusiasm
• Excellent customer service
• Great attention to detail, highly organised and self-motivated
• Knowledge of special dietary requirements would be an advantage
• High standards of personal hygiene
Marketing Manager - Maternity Cover
Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway runs for 13 ½ miles from Hythe to Dungeness with several stations in between. This roles requires working at any/all of these stations plus remote working.
Local transport is limited for some stations. Own transport is preferred.
About this role
This marketing role is 5 days per week, approximately 40 hours per week, over a variety of weekdays and weekends.
You will be responsible for developing and delivering a range of marketing types and customer communications. Working alongside our ticketing provider, web and graphic designers you’ll be required to hone both your creative and sales skills whilst working within our brand guidelines. You will need to have strong copywriting skills and see projects through from concept to completion.
You will manage all aspects of marketing from digital including innovative social media plans (paid and organic), Google Ads and the website alongside printed materials to be used on site and external marketing campaigns and distribution plans.
40 hours per week
5 days per week including weekends.
For all job vacancies please send both a Covering letter and a CV.
PLEASE GET IN TOUCH
If you are interested in joining us or have any queries, please complete the enquiry form below or download an application form.