Travel to New Romney to explore the station in this family day out that’s new for 2021.
New for 2021
Journey: Hythe to New Romney and return
Are you looking for a fun, safe, all weather family day out?
Travel on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway ‘Hercules’ Romney Explorer’ for a steam train journey across the beautiful Kent countryside.
Begin your journey at Hythe Station (CT21 6LD) and travel to New Romney Station.
Alight from the train at New Romney Station to begin exploring New Romney Station and RH&DR heritage:
• See one of our world famous steam locomotives ‘up close’ as it sits in the sidings for you to view.
• Did you know that Queen Elizabeth II has travelled on the RH&DR? See the carriage that she travelled in and all of the luxury fittings that it includes. You too can travel like royalty. Hire the Royal Saloon for a special occasion (Heritage Carriages - RH&DR - Romney, Hythe and Dymchurch Railway (rhdr.org.uk))
• Visit the new RH&DR Association Heritage Centre to learn the story about how the railway came to be. Visualise yourself at the grand opening in 1927, travelling through ‘the war years’ and other historical events and reaching the present day – perhaps even looking into the future.
• The Heywood Buffet will be open for takeaway food and drinks.
• The Tiny Tots and Adventure Playground are open at New Romney Station.Book Now
Join the Bug Club, our children's membership for visitors under 11 years old. Enjoy Children's Week and lots of other benefits!Buy Membership Now
The perfect railway keepsake. A memorable addition to a booking for birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and retirements. Choose from a range of colours and designs with wording of your choice. A great gift to take away with you. Must be ordered 4 weeks in advance.More Information