Enjoy an array of model trains plus locally brewed ales and ciders.
The Railways forth beer festival will be housed in the Paint Shop which will be transformed into a space serving beer and cider from both draught and bottles. Romney Marsh Brewery beer will be available alongside BEARDspoon Ciders, Biddenden Ciders and more!
We’ll will be opening Ales by the Rails at Dungeness serving Romney Marsh Brewery beers, BEARDSPOON cider, Dockyard Gin and Owlets juice. This addition in the gardens of the End of the Line Restaurant at Dungeness stocks local alcoholic beverages and serves Romney Marsh Brewery products and will be open at weekends during high season. Take this opportunity to sup a brew and relax whilst looking over the unique panoramic landscape.
Father’s Day and Model Trains:
Dad’s drive a train at New Romney and will receive a certificate.(New Romney Station sidings- first come, first served) 10:30 - 12:50 and 1:30 - 4:30.
The Model Exhibition at New Romney will be open.
Visiting model trains from the Romney Marsh Model Engineering Society in New Romney Conservatory.
Alongside the array of activities above we will also have a selection of Ploughman’s Lunch packages.
All Father’s Day Tickets include a Romney Rover for all day travel during Father’s Day. Seats will not be reserved, passengers may start their journey from any of our main stations. Selected Adult tickets include 1 pint of beer from the Paint Shop at New Romney.
Buy Your Tickets Here
Kentish Beers and Ciders:
- RMB Cask: Romney Modern British – 3.8% ABV Special edition. A fine ruby ale with contemporary British hops. A bit weaker, slightly bitter, home-grown. It’s our Brexit beer.
- RMB Cask: Romney Session I.P.A. – 3.8% ABV Summer release 2019. Our new, orange-infused, low ABV I.P.A. Hops: Mosaic & Citra. Light, yet jam-packed with flavour.
- RMB Cask: Romney American Pale – 5.0% ABV Available all year. Vienna & cara malts give this APA a golden hue, sweetness and gentle biscuit flavour. Strong fruit notes from all-American hops, the variety of which changes between brews. American hops featured so far: Azacca, Citra, Summit, Simcoe, Pekko & Amarillo.
- RMB Cask: Romney Best Bitter – 4.0% ABV An all-English Best Bitter. Chestnut in colour. A rich blend of biscuit, nutty and chocolate malt flavours with fruit hop notes. Available all year. English hops only: Bramling Cross & Jester.
- RMB Bottle: Romney Amber Ale – 4.4% ABV Our flagship beer. Amber in colour. Tropical fruit flavours from American hops with a hint of caramel from roasted malts. Kent Beer of the Year 2016 & 2017 (Taste of Kent Awards). Unfiltered and full bodied. Depending how stored and poured, will most likely retain a flavoursome natural haze. Vegan friendly.
- RMB Bottle: Romney Golden Ale – 3.9% ABV Brand new recipe for 2019 – available late May. A richly golden, easy-drinking ale with citrus notes and gentle bitterness. Unfiltered and full bodied. Depending how stored and poured, will most likely retain a flavoursome natural haze. Vegan friendly.
- RMB Bottle: The Romney Bohemian – 4.7% ABV A modern lager with a distinct hop aroma and a crisp, dry finish. Filtered and lightly carbonated, the Romney Bohemian can be served ice cold, or simply chilled to get the most from its complex and spirited flavours. Vegan friendly.
- BEARDSpoon Cider: One. Taste: Medium ABV: 6.5% The 2019 celebratory cider produced to commemorate the return of locomotive No.1 'Green Goddess' after overhaul on the Romney, Hythe & Dymchurch Railway
- BEARDSpoon: Dungeness 'C'ider. Taste: Medium ABV: 6.5% This special blend of Grenadier and Howgate wonder is exclusive to our friends at the Romney Marsh Brewery and their Ales by the Rails shack at Dungeness Station. Named in sequence with the two looming Nuclear power stations Dungeness 'A' & 'B'!
- The Ramsgate Brewery Bottle: Black Pearl. 6.2% Roasted barley, malted oats and Kent-grown Fuggles hops combine to create this luscious, bible-black stout.
- • Biddenden: Red Love sparkling Cider- 500ml. Red Love® sparkling cider is medium in taste with a natural rosé blush and an intense, crisp apple flavour owing to the Red Love® variety which are naturally red skinned, red fleshed apples. 5% ABV.
- • Biddenden: Vintage Cider – 330ml. A strong, still medium-dry cider. Created using the traditional Barnes’ family recipe, all Biddenden’s ciders are produced from a blend of farm-pressed, quality Kentish culinary and dessert apples. 8.4% ABV.
- • Curious Brew Pilsner. 330ml. (£1.30) Chapel Down Winery. A lager of purity and freshness, brewed using Saaz and Cascade hops and fine English pale malt. Then, for a cleaner, fruitier and more aromatic finish, re-fermented with Champagne yeast and a ‘dosage’ of rare Nelson Sauvin hops. 4.7% ABV.
Beer brands and Model Railways may be cancelled or amended without notice.