Welcome! Travel along the Kent coast on this world-famous steam railway. See our journey options below for options that travel through countryside, seaside or both. Passengers must return on their designated return journey to guarantee their reserved social distanced compartment. Pre-booking is essential for all journeys. Tickets can be pre-booked up to 30 minutes before departure time, subject to availability.
- Pre-booking is essential. Passengers must return at their designated return time- see timetable. This will ensure we can safely meet social distancing requirements. Please note if you have booked in a group of more than 4 adults and 2 children you will be seated in two compartments, we’ll try to keep these together where possible.
- Arrive 10- 15 minutes before your departure time. To ensure our trains can depart on time we advise you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before your departure time. Access to the station will not be available before this time.
- Socially distanced queuing and carriage compartments. We’re following the Governments social distancing guidelines. We’ll try to keep queues to a minimum but where they exist you’ll see 2-meter markers. Partitions between carriage compartments will mean you can see those in the compartment next to you but contact will be restricted. Children under 3 without tickets may need to be seated on a lap.
- Additional hygiene measures. You’ll notice some new additions to the station such as hygiene screens at shop/catering counters, new hand sanitising stations and carriage compartment cleaning between each return journey. Our teams have all had additional briefings on social distancing and additional cleaning measures.
- Chip and PIN/ Contactless card payments only. Hythe Coffee Shop and End of the Line Restaurant Dungeness will accept card payments only. We are not currently accepting cash.
- All adults and children aged 11+ years old must wear a face covering during check-in in our shops and in our catering building. Passengers do not need to wear a face covering when travelling on the train as we have separated compartments. We have limited stock of face covering available to purchase on the day.
- Some facilities, such as the play areas, will be temporarily unavailable.