We’re running services from Romney Sands to Dymchurch and from Dungeness to Hythe everyday in July and August except Fridays.
**Please scroll down the page for journey options. **
It is a winner of TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence and this world famous steam railway is one of Kent’s top attractions.
Buy Tickets Here
- Pre-booking is essential. All of the above journeys will begin from Dungeness or Romney Sands Station. Passengers at their designated return time - see timetable. This will ensure we can safely meet social distancing requirements. Please note if you have booked in a group of more than 4 adults and 2 children you will be seated in two compartments, we’ll try to keep these together where possible.
- Arrive 10- 15 minutes before your departure time. To ensure our trains can depart on time we advise you arrive 10 - 15 minutes before your departure time. Access to the station will not be available before this time.
- Socially distanced queuing and carriage compartments. We’re following the Governments social distancing guidelines. We’ll try to keep queues to a minimum but where they exist you’ll see 2-meter markers. Partitions between carriage compartments will mean you can see those in the compartment next to you but contact will be restricted. Children under 3 without tickets may need to be seated on a lap.
- Additional hygiene measures. You’ll notice some new additions to the station such as hygiene screens at shop/catering counters, new hand sanitising stations and carriage compartment cleaning between each return journey. Our teams have all had additional briefings on social distancing and additional cleaning measures.
- Chip and PIN/ Contactless card payments only. Hythe Coffee Shop and End of the Line Restaurant Dungeness will accept card payments only. We are not currently accepting cash.
- All adults and children aged 11+ years old must wear a face covering during check-in in our shops and in our catering building. Passengers do not need to wear a face covering when travelling on the train as we have separated compartments. We have limited stock of face covering available to purchase on the day.
- Some facilities will be temporarily unavailable.
ROMNEY SANDS TO HYTHE VIA DUNGENESS
Option 1 Journey details: Depart Romney Sands at 9:43 and journey to Hythe (via Dungeness) enjoy 4 hours and 30 minutes exploring Hythe before your return trip departing Hythe at 4:10.
ROMNEY SANDS TO DYMCHURCH
Option 2 Journey details: Depart Romney Sands at 10:48 and journey to Dymchurch. Alight the train at Dymchurch at 11:20 where you’ll have 5 hours and 10 minutes to enjoy the seaside. The homeward journey departs Dymchurch at 4:30.
Dungeness to Hythe
Option 3 Journey details: Depart Dungeness at 10:30 and journey to Hythe. Alight the train at Hythe at 11:40 where you’ll have 4 hours and 30 minutes to explore Hythe. The homeward journey departs Hythe at 4:10.
Dungeness to Dymchurch
Option 4 Journey details: Depart Dungeness at 10:30 and journey to Dymchurch. Alight the train at Dymchurch at 11:20 where you’ll have 5 hours and 10 minutes to explore before the homeward journey departs at 4:30.
Terms and Conditions apply